On February 11, 2021, Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety sent a letter to the Hawaii House Committee on Judiciary and Hawaiian Affairs Members in support of House Bill (HB) 651., which would lower the limit of alcohol-impaired driving to .05 percent blood alcohol concentration (BAC). To read the letter to the full letter CLICK HERE.
The letter was co-signed by:
- Liam’s Life Foundation
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- The National Safety Council
- David A. Sleet, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, College of Health San Diego State University
- Honorable T. Bella Dinh-Zarr, Former Vice Chair, National Transportation Safety Board and Co-Founder, .05 Saves Lives Coalition
- Thomas M. Louizou, Former Regional Administrator, Former Regional Administrator, Former Regional Administrator, Co-founder, .05 Saves Lives Coalition